Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rats on the street seem to say its up to me!

There is hardly a morning goes by that I don't wake up singing. I love it so much that usually I don't stop singing until I swing my legs out of the car when I finally pull up to work, and even then the radio in my head continues to play me some Sondheim or LaChiusa.. This morning though, there was an exception.

I changed my alarm tone last night to "Good Morning Baltimore" from the hit musical Hairspray. So me being me, woke up and re enacted the whole opening scene from the movie. At one stage I even grabbed the can of hairspray off the bathroom vanity and sprayed it in time to the music.

It wasnt until I had finished the WHOLE song, that I thought, if someone knew about this they would either think I was A) Crazy or B) Extremely homosexual! After pondering this thought for a good 15 minutes making myself late and forcing myself into another internal battle between sanity and whatever is in between, I decided that my life would be easier as a musical. So I am a mix between A and B.. Lets face it, most musicals are a little crazy and or homosexual.. and if you know me, you know I am both.

Tracey Turnblad is my inner voice.. at least she only tells me to dance and sing.. and spray hairspray to the beat of the rythym of the night..

Oh dear.. I feel another song coming on..

No comments:

Post a Comment