Monday, May 17, 2010

Have I been pricked?

I have been feeling rather deflated lately and there is alot of contributing factors. The main factor being the lack of sleep.

I simply do NOT sleep anymore. Its driving me insane. Gone are the days when I would get into bed at 10pm and blissfully sleep until 8am. These days I am lucky if I am sleeping by 2am, then I am back up at 7am for work and sometimes earlier. I know this is having an adverse affect on my body and health, but how do I fix it?

Even alcohol fails to knock me out these days!

I am rather amused by a quote from one of my good friends only a few years ago.. "Oh my god, you can fall asleep anywhere!" Is my body somehow telling me that I slept too much when I was younger and therefore I am not allowed the sleep that I want? Or am I just too busy to simply switch my brain to the off position?

There are many other factors that cause me to feel like I have been jabbed with a pin that has slowly leaked out all my energy. But I will not bore you with those details.. I will leave them till they go around in my head, keeping me awake for another few months before I let them out.

Its a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment