Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How lucky can you get?

Today while on my walk to the car from my apartment door, I spotted a black cat out the window. Instantly, my mind is a hive of activity, reminding me of all the cliche's and superstitions associated with seeing a black cat. Needless to say, I entered the elevator thinking I was never going to see daylight again. Yes, I am a little over dramatic.

As the elevator reached basement level, I released a sigh of relief and continued on to my car. The way to the car was blocked.. By a man on a large ladder. Again, the mind kicks into gear.. "You can walk under that ladder, but with the black cat.. is that wise?" I squeeze past the other way.. All I need now to make this morning a complete luck disaster is to open an umbrella inside while I break a mirror!

To my amusement, I turned on the car to "How lucky can you get?" from the sultry lips of one Miss Barbara Striesand in Funny Girl.

What is the universe trying to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment